Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead/Buildings Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Stantec
Title: Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead/Buildings
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Stantec UAE is looking for a Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead who will be required to assist, and provide advice to the head of Buildings on all commercial aspects. The ideal candidate is someone with an engineering or architectural degree who has experience of delivering multi-disciplinary consultancy design and supervision projects and who has progressed, through significant project management roles, into a senior commercial, risk and governance leadership position.
The Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead will report to the Head of Buildings for the Middle East region. Primary Responsibilities are;
• Assist, advise and support the Head of Buildings on all financial, risk and governance aspects.
• Provide key commercial inputs at the bid stage.
• Provide commercial reviews and support through the lifecycle of projects.
Typical duties will include;
• Support the business in financial / commercial negotiations with clients and potential clients.
• Support the business manage the finances at a business level and have a full knowledge of the P&L.
• Support Finance and ensure the flow of accurate information between projects and finance.
• Support the business with strategies and work processes.
• Reach back to the international business for best practices, advice, process and governance on commercial and project management matters.
• Provide review and audit across all projects, identifying potential issues early and creating mitigation plans and follow up to ensure implementation.
• Develop Project Manager’s process skills; WBS, EAC, Risk, Change, Schedule, QA/QC, HSSE, Contracts, Sub-Contracts.
• Develop and implement commercially innovative fee proposals.
• Review contracts and understand the key clauses that are a concern. Clearly identify showstoppers. Work closely with Group Legal, then provide the business with a recommendation on how to proceed.
• Apply the Stantec Risk Policy within the Middle East region.
• Review Project Execution Plans and approve prior to project commencement.
• Ensure project managers identify and manage risk, and review, support and challenge.
• Ensure project managers identify Variations and Scope Changes, and, together, develop and implement strategies for securing Variations with clients.
• Work with project managers and finance to produce accurate invoices in a timely manner.
• Chase, track, and engage clients on Aged Debt to ensure timely payment.
• Undertake Lessons Learned and project close down activities.
• Take the lead on any claims/changes and develop/implement an appropriate response strategy.
• Train, mentor and develop the team of Project Managers and Project Controllers.
Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead (Buildings)
• At least 15+ years of experience across Project Delivery (Design), Project Management and Business Governance.
• PMP or APMP (PMQ) is essential.
• BA or BEng in Architecture / Engineering and experience in delivering consultancy design projects, is essential. Experience delivering Buildings projects is a key advantage.
• Experience operating in a similar role within an International Tier 1 design and engineering consultant.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and pressure from stakeholders.
• Client facing experience is essential.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.