Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead/Buildings Jobs in Abu Dhabi – UAE at Stantec Consulting
Title: Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead/Buildings
Company: Stantec Consulting
Location: Abu Dhabi – UAE
Type: Full Time
Job Description and Requirements
The Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead will report to the Head of Buildings for the Middle East region. Primary Responsibilities are;
• Assist, advise and support the Head of Buildings on all financial, risk and governance aspects.
• Provide key commercial inputs at the bid stage.
• Provide commercial reviews and support through the lifecycle of projects.
Typical duties will include;
• Support the business in financial / commercial negotiations with clients and potential clients.
• Support the business manage the finances at a business level and have a full knowledge of the P&L.
• Support Finance and ensure the flow of accurate information between projects and finance.
• Support the business with strategies and work processes.
• Reach back to the international business for best practices, advice, process and governance on commercial and project management matters.
• Provide review and audit across all projects, identifying potential issues early and creating mitigation plans and follow up to ensure implementation.
• Develop Project Manager’s process skills; WBS, EAC, Risk, Change, Schedule, QA/QC, HSSE, Contracts, Sub-Contracts.
• Develop and implement commercially innovative fee proposals.
• Review contracts and understand the key clauses that are a concern. Clearly identify showstoppers. Work closely with Group Legal, then provide the business with a recommendation on how to proceed.
• Apply the Stantec Risk Policy within the Middle East region.
• Review Project Execution Plans and approve prior to project commencement.
• Ensure project managers identify and manage risk, and review, support and challenge.
• Ensure project managers identify Variations and Scope Changes, and, together, develop and implement strategies for securing Variations with clients.
• Work with project managers and finance to produce accurate invoices in a timely manner.
• Chase, track, and engage clients on Aged Debt to ensure timely payment.
• Undertake Lessons Learned and project close down activities.
• Take the lead on any claims/changes and develop/implement an appropriate response strategy.
• Train, mentor and develop the team of Project Managers and Project Controllers.
Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead (Buildings)
• At least 15+ years of experience across Project Delivery (Design), Project Management and Business Governance.
• PMP or APMP (PMQ) is essential.
• BA or BEng in Architecture / Engineering and experience in delivering consultancy design projects, is essential. Experience delivering Buildings projects is a key advantage.
• Experience operating in a similar role within an International Tier 1 design and engineering consultant.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and pressure from stakeholders.
• Client facing experience is essential.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to coach and lead a team.