COMMERCIAL MANAGER Job in Manama, Bahrain at Parsons International Limited
Your deployment is part of the resources engaged under a main Consultancy Agreement with the Employer, where the Consultant [PARSONS] is engaged as the Engineer for multiple FIDIC based contracts between the Employer and various contractors.
As the Commercial Manager, your focus is to achieve efficient administration and processing of prioritised claims.
You shall liaise with members of your team, contractors, subconsultants, the Employer’s personal and other consultants of the Employer in contractual matters. You shall join a multidisciplined consultancy team, providing attendance on site, in Bahrain.
Your role includes but is not necessarily limited to:
- Assist in the review of contractual notices of claims, draft responses, and ensure that the Change Management System is monitored and implemented.
- Interact with the client representatives and other relevant parties in respect of contractual matters.
- Prepare correspondence and maintain records necessary to ensure the effective administration of contractual matters.
- Ensure that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Assist in the review of Contractor’s claims in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Attends Commercial Meetings and records minutes of meetings.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
You shall have a minimum of 15 years’ experience with a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Law or other appropriate degree from a recognized university, and you shall have extensive experience working on major building projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Contract law or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with strong international construction experience.
- Membership to RICS, CIOB or equivalent is desirable.
- Strong background and understanding of FIDIC forms of Contract particularly Red Book 1999.
- Knowledgeable contractual & legal matters relevant to the industry including claim management and dispute resolution.
- Competent IT user.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Working hours shall be 8 hours per day, six days per week.
- Job Location
- Manama, Bahrain
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Manama, Bahrain
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy