Cluster Accounts Receivable Jobs in Sharjah – UAE at IBIS STYLES
Title: Cluster Accounts Receivable
Company: IBIS STYLES
Location: Sharjah – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Accounting, Finance
What you will be doing:
Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with other departments in matters concerning accounting, and internal controls.
Must possess ability to deal effectively with all levels of management within the hotel and to accomplish objectives through personal relationships in areas where little formal authority exists.
Professional techniques / Production
• To ensure the timely transfer of guest ledger in to proper city ledger accounts sorted by customer
• To liaise and check with sales department on all disputes pertaining to rates, complementary rooms, no show charges, credit arrangements, etc
• To check all the credit cards’ transaction and prepare summary of all the manual credit card sales slip for the bank, if any
• To prepare monthly credit card reconciliations file
• To prepare Statement of Account at the end of the month for each debtors and send them and other routine reminder letters as and when required
• To study, analyze and report all outstanding accounts during credit meeting and as and when necessary
• To prepare room commission to Account Payables for payment to agency as agreed per contract
• To prepare monthly outstanding guest deposits reconciliation
• To prepare and issue monthly Barter Agreements report
• To prepare A/R Aging report
• To daily update A/R sub-ledger and check the balance in the General Ledger • To keep the follow-up tracking form for each debtors’ file are updated • To be able pass journal entries whenever required • To perform related duties and special project as assigned.
Management and administration
Ensure all accounts staff are proficient in hotel accounting policies and procedures and are diligently implemented.
Supervise Finance Department in the absence of Finance Controller.
Assist Financial Controller in budget and forecast preparations
Should be able to work any position (Accounts Payable, Income Auditor, Paymaster, General Cashier, Cost Controller and Receivable Accountant) during vacation of those permanent staff members
Be punctual at work and behavior be geared in a way as to represent the hotel in the best possible way at all times
Ensure that confidential records and other information is properly safeguarded and not removed from office
Perform related duties and special projects as assigned by the Financial Controller
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture such as computer, calculators, general office equipment assigned to you and to associates reporting to you
Be well familiar with hotel’s policies and procedures; well acquainted with the physical layout of the Hotel and should acquire a sound knowledge in hotel’s emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threats, blackout and evacuation
Wear appropriate business attire (as per Hotel policy) and ensure a proper appearance so as to represent the hotel in the best way
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by Heartists holding this job title. Additional to the above-mentioned requirements a Heartist will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
Your experience and skills include:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests…