Chief Technology Officer Jobs in Abu Dhabi at Decano Consulting
Title: Chief Technology Officer
Company: Decano Consulting
Location: Abu Dhabi
The Chief Technology Officer’s role is to develop, deliver, manage, and enhance the technology, operational and related capabilities required to build and launch a digital bank.
The individual in this role is expected to leverage a 100% cloud-based platform, modular design principles, distributed ledger technologies, blockchain solutions, advanced technologies (e.g. machine learning and AI), agile methodologies, and a collaborative approach with clients, partners, vendors, and ecosystems.
· Represent and lead the organisation’s Technology practice internally and externally in collaboration with the Board and C-suite.
· Bring a seasoned collaborative style to executive leadership team (ELT) with an ability to lead, execute, and innovate the business and technology propositions
· Work with ELT to capture and leverage staff engagement
· Deliver an innovation and disruption business proposition through a technology platform
· Meet or exceed stakeholder expectations (e.g. results, budgets, timelines, risk appetite)
· Develop and execute programs for vendor and counterparty (V&C) management and procurement capability.
· Executive Committee
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Executive Leadership
· Collaborate with ELT to define and deliver the organisation’s strategy (e.g. plan, client and financial targets, budgets, risk appetite boundaries, and policies)
· Define and execute programs, functions and capabilities within the definition of the role
· Collaborate and support ELT programs to achieve the organisation’s plan (targets, timelines, budgets, etc.)
· Manage the organisational framework for the technology department including job descriptions and the associated accountability and responsibility matrixes
Technology Design, Development, and Delivery
· Design, deliver, manage the organisation’s technology platform and related capabilities. This includes the following.
· Daily delivery and support of all technology and technology related functions (infrastructure operations; technology L1, L2, L3 support; vendor related activities; information security, etc)
· Continuously improve and enhance technology capabilities based on client feedback and datadriven insights
· Design and implement client strategy, technical architecture, core platform, and delivery framework with a full range of capabilities
· Design, deliver, and execute a Change and Innovation Lifecycle framework
· Periodically review and recommend an optimal framework for technology (organisation, insource vs. outsource, capacity and financial alternatives, etc.)
· Maintain and update Information Security Policy and practices, as required
· Oversee Cyber Security alerts, issues, and events, as required
· Enhance the market leading data proposition (distinct USP) in support of organisation’s vision and aspirations
· Develop and deliver a data toolkit with capabilities and support resources for clients and stakeholders
· Leverage data and analytic capabilities and insights for process improvements and automation
Operational and Administrative
· Manage the ongoing execution required for the organisation’s operations and administrative capabilities including:
· Daily support functions
· Governance and continuous improvement programs and processes
· Design, delivery, and execute a Change and Innovation Lifecycle framework
· Design and implement optimal framework for the function (organisation, capacity, procedures/process improvements, and financial alternatives, etc.) Additional details for this role and related accountabilities and responsibilities are described by the organisation’s approved delegated authorities and responsibilities document.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Degree (Bachelor or Master) preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or IT
· 15+ years of experience in Financial Services with regional/global experience in leading technology and operational organisations
· 5+ year of experience in technology centric start-up companies
· Leadership roles in developing, implementing, and executing financial services solutions across multiple jurisdictions which includes corporate banking, B2B connectivity, CRM, data management, and innovation POCs through delivery and benefit realisation, and complex transformation conceptualisation, development, and delivery.
· Sound knowledge in modern digital client relationship tools, from both a functional (client engagement, virtual agent, data analytics, IOT etc.) and a technical perspective (cloud, deployment, security etc) and co-design relationships with business partners.
· Full-cycle experience in implementing IT solutions in agile mode and enterprise architecture processes (business, application, information, etc) including preliminary studies and projects.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: AED45,000.00 – AED65,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
Abu Dhabi: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Please write a cover letter, as to why you would be fit for this role, and you may keep it ready to provide when asked for.