CHIEF MLSO – BLOOD BANK Job in Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia at Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
- They may be expected to deputize for the Laboratory Technical Director in his absence.
- Assumes professional responsibility for all aspects of blood bank services provided in the hospital.
- Responsible for the oversight of services includes establishment, implementation and documentation of the processes for:
- Blood Donor Selection
- Blood Screening for Disease
- Blood Collection
- Blood storage
- Compatibility Testing and
- Blood Distribution
- The transfusion service medical has oversight responsibility for all the services provided by the blood bank (e.g. transfusion, donor, aphaeresis, hematopoietic progenitor cell)
- Ensures Quality control processes for all Blood Bank services are established, implemented, and documented to ensure the safety of blood bank and transfusions.
- Ensures Blood Donor and transfusion services are guided by laws regulations and recognized standards of practice.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standard of analytical services.
- Participates in the Hospital Blood Transfusion Committee.
- Responsible for preparation of laboratory Policy and Procedure Guidelines (PPG) according to the Clinical and laboratory Standard Institute (CLSI)
- To be responsible for monitoring of internal and external QC schemes.
- Responsible for Stock control, inventory and supply management
- Liaise with representative in charge of GPPRR and Direct Issues of laboratory supplies
- Responsible of the Fixed Assets within division.
- Responsible for blood bank staff /matters relating to leaves, disciplines, recruitment appraisal competencies and professional development in collaboration with the Laboratory Technical Director
- Troubleshooting/maintenance of all equipment & evaluation of new equipment.
- Evaluation of new methods, and the introduction of new tests and methodologies.
- To provide reports and statistics as required.
- To be appropriately involved with computers.
- To ensure all work conforms to health and safety guidelines.
- To plan and implement training/orientation programs for Saudi and other technical staff, and ensure continuing competency of all staff.
- Annual performance appraisal for staff.
- Liaison with medical staff and other departments re laboratory issues to better patient care.
- To write and regularly update the Quality System for their department(s), oversee implementation, and monitor compliance.
- To participate in the hospital’s Continuous Quality Improvement Program as appropriate. Ensures quality performance parameters are maintained .
- Conducts and documents regular department staff meeting with all staff members.
- AABB To prepare staffing schedules for their department (s).
- To keep updated in evolving trends and philosophies in their specialty.
- To participate in the laboratories CME program.
- Maintain standards according to CAP, AABB, JCI and CBAHI accreditation requirements.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the ralm of the employee knowledge , skill and abilities.
- Management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate(s) should possess a
- in Medical Laboratory Technology
- (or equivalent) and preferably passed the Professional Regulatory Board Examinations.
- Masters Degree in Laboratoy Science
EducationMedical Laboratory Science
- Job Location
- Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Public Administration
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Company Location: Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Public Administration