Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job at Linum Consult
Linum Consult’s client is working on a major rail project in the Baltics. They are currently in need of a Chief Executive Officer to oversee the day-to-day management of the company in line with the applicable legislative acts, Shareholders’ Agreement, statutes, Management Board Regulations, strategy and corporate targets. This unique and challenging position will be based at their head office in Latvia.
• General management of operations jointly with other Management Board members.
• Maintain relations with the national governments and institutions, European Union agencies, the so-called project beneficiaries and implementing bodies as well as other stakeholders.
• Establish and implement good corporate governance practices and procedures, promoting the highest standards of integrity and transparency throughout the company and project community.
• Perform strategic stakeholder consultations with a view of developing the strategy and long-term corporate goals in line with the Global Project’s master plan, financing and other agreements.
• Promote effective goal-oriented relationships and open communication and creating an environment that allows constructive debates and challenges, both inside and outside the Management Board meetings, allowing to align and effectively execute decisions.
• Plan, develop and ensure effective implementation of activities entrusted to the company by the project beneficiaries and implementing bodies in the project countries.
• Act as the company’s leading representative promoting the organization to local, regional, national, and international community with engaging communication, commitment and cogency.
• Coordinate cross-border matters and interests between member countries, consensus building and sustaining relationships, as well as coordinating constant communication with the public about the project’s progress.
• Oversee and control of project development processes including evaluation of execution and financial performance.
• Report to the Supervisory Board and shareholders, national governments, European Union agencies as well as state and EU audit institutions.
• Cooperate with public and non-governmental organizations and media.
• Supervision of transparent public procurement tenders.
• Ensure that the company’s operations fully comply with the EU and Latvian laws and regulations in the respective field of business, incl. ensuring full compliance with all the Latvian tax laws and accounting standards.
• Master’s degree with specialization in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant science.
• Project Management Professional education / certification would be considered an advantage.
• Candidate should be fluent in business English and knowledge of one of the Baltic languages would be considered an advantage.
• Internationally experienced senior executive level business manager and a team-leader able to cope with the multinational, multilingual and multicultural nature of the joint venture.
• The ideal candidate will have held a senior executive position in a company or organisation delivering major high-speed rail construction projects.
• Strong knowledge of Program/Project Management methodologies, tools and processes.
• Knowledgeable in large infrastructure object construction, financing and management matters.
• Previous experience in large company/strategic development project general management (including administration, regulatory and finance matters).
• Big scale cross-border development project management experience would be an advantage.
• Public Affairs and public relations experience.
• Public utilities, services or infrastructure industry experience would be an advantage.
• The right to live and work in the EU
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] for the attention of Francis Ryan, with a covering letter outlining your experience as per the job description and your current financial package and notice period.
Company: Linum Consult
Company Location: Latvia
About Linum Consult
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.