Category Manager/Sustainability Projects Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Amazon
Title: Category Manager/Sustainability Projects
Location: Dubai – UAE
Category: Management, Supply Chain/Logistics
Position: Category Manager (Sustainability Projects)
The Category Manager will be an analytical leader with experience in sourcing complex, international, or technical environments and experience in driving sustainability sourcing programs. The individual needs strong communication skills and the experience to influence and support cross-functional stakeholder groups across all levels of the organization.
· Collaborate cross-functionally to efficiently design, implement and measure sustainability programs.
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert in product sustainability and circularity; produce and operationalize product sustainability assessments and environmental life cycle assessments;
· Develop reports, dashboards and metrics which distill complex data into actionable insights;
· Professionally communicate to senior business leaders and participate in global sustainability strategy development;
· Drive appropriate commercial relationships with suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use.
· Create and execute strategic sourcing projects that will support the teams’ development of an end-to-end sourcing plan regionally. Lead sourcing engagements and competitive bidding (RFI, RFQ, and RFP). Achieve cost savings through projects including bidding and commercial negotiations.
· Influence suppliers’ processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the growth of Amazon’s spend.
· Analyze and determine cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, optimizing the supplier base and reducing total cost of ownership.
· Work with our team and business partners for the creation and continuous improvement
· Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to forecasting, delivery, quality, and cost
· Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships across MENA and globally.
· Keys to success in this role include sound judgment and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Extensive experience in Procurement and Category Management (Packaging, Power Purchase Agreements, Waste management and Zero Emission Vehicles)
· In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
· Experience in project management or leading an implementation of best in class category strategies
· MBA or Advanced degree in Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
· CIPS qualification
· Demonstrated performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
· English is essential, Arabic is ad…