Category Lead- Direct (Airlines Experience) Jobs in Sharjah at Air Arabia
Title: Category Lead- Direct (Airlines Experience)
Company: Air Arabia
To provide an excellent, professional sourcing and procurement service to assigned entities within Air Arabia Group which delivers best value for money, service and quality from the most suitable suppliers.
Act as a middle point between suppliers/vendors on one hand and internal Air Arabia Group management and departments on the other, to ensure satisfactory agreements.
Key Result Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement procurement strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification. Taking responsibility for financial performance against plan and proactively develop a pipeline of innovative initiatives that reduces Indirect spend.
2. Assists in implementing our strategic approach to overall spend, alongside internal stakeholders, advisors, and a wide range of external stakeholders; sets out a clear strategy to Shape & Optimise Cost Categories and keep the strategy updated over time.
3. Implement supplier management policies to ensure consistent practises and develop strategic supplier relationships; Processes new vendor requests as required and establishes new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to improve pricing and quality of work.
4. Assist in setting up and maintaining company quality control program
5. Supervises and handles Stores and Inventory control activities (as assigned) ensuring the adequacy and timeliness availability of needed material and products in accordance with business requirements and quality standards.
6. Undertakes procurement activities including administration & documentation to deliver best value for money, quality, and security of supply commensurate with customer’s business needs; Ensure the most appropriate procurement processes are applied to meet business needs and transaction costs are minimised
7. Collates performance data for the Commodity spends into agreed reporting formats; produces Management Information reports and necessary analysis to highlight critical areas, trends, discrepancies, excess, short supply, etc to support management decisions.
8. Reviews/updates and maintains an accurate database for all commodity procurement team such as assessments, contracts, etc.
9. Manages control measures to ensure adherence by suppliers/vendors/internal clients to agreed standards in the procurement practices.
10. Responsible for roll out, coordinating and managing the implementation of Procurement Systems including the user training, technical support, system improvements and user compliance with system utilization and administration.
11. Carries out procurement research through internal customers, suppliers, and other sources of information to obtain feedback and assessment of procurement activities.
12. Liaise regularly and collaborate with appropriate members of the Procurement function at Air Arabia Airline Hubs and subsidiary companies (Cozmo, SAS etc.) to ensure consistency of approach
13. Keep abreast of business developments within Air Arabia affecting areas of responsibility and work closely with business users to understand their current and future business needs
14. Keep abreast of and anticipate developments within relevant supply markets affecting areas of responsibility within Air Arabia and develop plans to capitalise on them
15. Keep abreast of current management and procurement techniques and thinking and use and deploy them as appropriate to ensure area…