Case Manager Job in Amman, Jordan at COOPI-Cooperazione Internazionale
Child protection is the prevention of and response to abuse, neglect, exploitation, and violence against children. Child protection case management is the process of helping individual children and families through direct social-work-type support, and managing information well. Within child protection case management, there should be appropriate involvement of children throughout the process, as well as full consideration of the best interests of the child.
The role of the Child Protection Case Manager is to promote quality and effective outcomes through communication and the provision of appropriate resources to meet an individual child’s needs. The process includes comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and overall evaluation of individual children’s needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply guiding principles in working with children, being guided by the best interest of the child in all actions at all times.
- Familiarity with child development and children’s wellbeing
- Communicate and work effectively and appropriately with children of various ages and their families, including those who have experienced very difficult situations
- Assess risks, needs, and strengths and develop the appropriate response in consultation with the child and/or his caregiver(s)
- Collaborate with clients to plan, implement, monitor, and amend individualized services that promote clients’ strengths, advance clients’ wellbeing, and help clients achieve their goals. Plans shall be based on meaningful assessments and shall have specific attainable, measurable objectives.
- Work with children, families, and carers to implement the actions determined through planning to bring about the changes necessary to ensure the safety, stability, and development of the child. This includes directly guiding, encouraging, and supporting the child and family while monitoring impacts and outcomes
- Conduct safety planning with clients, working in collaboration with the client’s family (if/when appropriate) and other agencies to manage the identified risks
- Be the contact point for needs assessment and follow up
- Provide and coordinate services and follow-up of service provision
- Lead or participate in case conferences and family meetings with other professionals
- Document all case management activities in the appropriate client record in a timely manner, using the CPIMS+ as a database and case management tool
- Advocate for the rights, decisions, strengths, and needs of children and families and promote their access to resources, supports, and services
- Promote collaboration among colleagues and organizations to enhance service delivery and facilitate client goal attainment.
- Provide and facilitate access of the client to culturally sensitive and competent services
- Evaluate client satisfaction and quality of care provided
- Ensure the involvement of local authorities, community leaders, and community groups in creating community-based protection mechanisms
- Provide regular updates and reports to senior management staff as required; contribute to donor reports and internal COOPI reports as required
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Community Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $500 – $1,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 1 Max: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Social Science, Psychology, Social Work, Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law or other field
Company: COOPI-Cooperazione Internazionale
Company Location: Amman, Jordan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization