Cafe Milano Commis I Jobs in Abu Dhabi at Four Seasons
Title: Cafe Milano Commis I
Company: Four Seasons
Location: Abu Dhabi
About Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island
In a vibrant urban community right on the water, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island welcomes guests with bright, open spaces, embracing expansive views of the city skyline and the sparkling waves of the Arabian Gulf. On dynamic, upscale Al Maryah Island – Abu Dhabi’s business and lifestyle destination – Four Seasons is located within a 34-storey glass tower, both high-tech and environmentally advanced. Sophisticated new concepts throughout the Hotel define Four Seasons as Abu Dhabi’s most exciting waterfront location. Blending urban chic and understated luxury, we offer 200 light-filled accommodations, including 38 suites – all with water views. With six creative restaurants and lounges, this is Al Maryah Island’s premier location for stylish entertaining. All venues open to outdoor waterfront terraces and most include private dining rooms. Relaxation awaits in the radiant Dahlia Spa – with separate fitness and treatment facilities for men and women. Our expansive swimming pool offers a cool social scene with skyline views. With two bright, airy ballrooms that open onto the water, Four Seasons is Abu Dhabi’s most desirable address for meetings, social events and weddings. Every moment is elevated by thoughtful Four Seasons service, anticipating each guest’s unique personal needs – whether the goal is relaxing on vacation or staying efficient for business.
1. To prepare and cook food according to standard procedures, recipe cards, photographs and given instructions.
2. To help the Chef de partie/Demi chef de partie to establish standard recipes and ensure the compliance with them.
3. Constantly inspect taste, temperature and visual appeal, make sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
4. To participate in product development and in controlling the smooth operation of the kitchen.
5. To ensure food quality, food taste, food presentation and food requisition.
6. To have a good knowledge of cuisines to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position in an efficient and productive manner.
7. To be able to manage a shift.
8. To ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed and the kitchen is always clean, neat and tidy.
9. To assist the Chef’s in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and to help maintain a high Standard of food preparation.
10. To have full knowledge of Four Seasons Food Standards.
11. To ensure all equipment is in full working order.
12. To ensure an adequate supply of all products prepared on a timely basis.
13. To do requisition of all items needed for the following day from the food storeroom, non-food storeroom and stewarding department.
14. To prepare exciting and appealing room amenity when needed.
15. To demonstrate and maintain at all times a professional behavior and positive attitude.
16. To communicate regularly with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to achieve an excellent rapport throughout the food production department.
17. To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
18. To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management. This includes packaging design, procurement; marketing and merchandising of food products in conjunction with Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director.
19. To have a full working knowledge of halal food, service and preparation.
20. To execute Alternative Cuisine and Spa Cuisine.
21. To be certified in Food Service Sanitation as available and to implement protocols.
22. To work closely with all chefs in relation to the food.
1) To provide a friendly and professional service that always exceeds guest’s expectation.
2) Assist in phone coverage with other departments.
3) Assist the department to upkeep relevant notice boards.
4) Prepare related paperwork for new hires.
5) Requires knowledge and the ability to operate computer equipment including word processing and spreadsheet software plus other systems (i.e. Opera, Windows, Bayan payroll and analysis reports etc).
6) To accept responsibility for the health safety and welfare of all areas of the department, guests and employees and to respond properly in any hotel emergency situation.
7) To safeguard guests and employees with knowledge and application of health and safety, accident prevention, fire drills and first aid.
8) To ensure you read the hotel’s employee handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
9) To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, will be within the overall scope of the position.
10) To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and name badge. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
11) Wear hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, jacket and closed toed shoes at all time while on duty.
12) To comply with local legislation as required.
13) To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
14) To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
15) To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
16) To conduct and attend training sessions as outlined.
17) Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
18) Must be able to obtain any required food handling and/or sanitation certifications required by local or state agencies.