Buyer – Cosmetics Jobs in Dubai at Landmark Group
Title: Buyer – Cosmetics
Company: Landmark Group
The job holder will be responsible for developing strategic buying plans in consultation with the Functional head for the assigned department/ category. The job holder will also ensure smooth buying operations through vendor identification, evaluation and selection, in compliance with the contract principles to achieve the strategic and financial objectives of the concept.
· Negotiate Intake Margins and other heads of terms. In conjunction with Business Head and Finance, Finalize Brand Contracts.
· Oversee Buying requirement, formulate Buying plan and budget for assigned merchandise categories as laid down by the function head.
· Ensure Category and Brand management delivers budgeted sales and profit targets
In conjunction with Planning Manager ensure profit targets are met by timely procurement of category merchandise.
· Ensure growth in the sales and gross margins for the assigned brands by driving focus on individual brands opportunities, including significant brand funded marketing in conjunction with Planning Manager Plan the buying budget for the category/ brand
· Plan quarterly reviews with Functional Head to review P&L Score card by brand – considering space location, return per foot, Funded FTE Cover by territory, IPT and AUS
· Assist the Functional head in overseeing brand plans in the areas of pricing, promotion, assortment and allocation for each brand
· Nurture and develop relationships with key Vendors who are critical to the long term success of the business
Ability to forge exceptional relationships, Be an ambassador for Lifestyle Beauty in order to cement our future vision and capability in the global Beauty market; Thus creating a more positive attitude in the mind of the Cosmetic.
· Develop an adequate vendor base for the concept through active sourcing, negotiation / renegotiation
· Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers and negotiate the best deals with them for procuring merchandise
· Maintain contact with vendors; update list of vendors within Cosmetics; attend Trade Fairs, collate samples and brand presentations which indicate vendor capabilities
· Identify, evaluate and select appropriate vendor mix to achieve business objectives in conjunction with Business Head, deliver plans for new Categories and Brand introductions
· Work with the planning team on demand estimation and ordering based on the buying plan and ensure merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level agreement
· Implement financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximize profit and positively contribute to cash flow.
· Ensure the smooth flow of goods, and in conjunction with Planning Manager manage fill rate expectations through accurate forecasting
· Follow the reverse logistics guidelines to send the faulty / damaged goods back to the vendor
· In conjunction with both Planning and Buying ensure Brand master accuracy, with defined plans in place to manage the sell through of discontinued merchandise and subsequent RTV by quarter
Vendor and Product Research
· Ensure effective communication, collation and follow-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/store data
· Keep abreast of the latest trends in buying and discuss the same with the Department Head/ Category Manager from time to time to assess realignment of existing processes
· Gather …