Business Tax Manager Job at Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
During your tenure as a Manager in Business Tax, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Provides subject matter expertise in current tax legislation, proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
• Applies recent developments and changes relating to relevant tax practices, rules and regulations to the client’s business
• Acts as a trusted independent advisor by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice
• Assesses risks and identifies market opportunities in client projects based on knowledge of global and local quality control processes and risk procedures
• Recommends new and innovative approaches to analyze data and solves problems to help draw meaningful conclusions
• Makes decisions with confidence based on analysis of available information to drive business success
• Stays current on emerging technologies, standards, and applications in order to address current/potential business opportunities and client issues
• Assists in developing new and/ or enhancing existing methodologies and approaches
• Identifies and leads global client pursuits (domestic and across multiple countries and jurisdictions)
• Identifies and applies the tax knowledge of other tax regimes to optimize the tax efficiency for multinational companies
• Provides high-level strategic reviews and quickly assesses risks and issues with proposed solutions.
• Identifies and resolves risk issues arising from corporate reorganizations through appropriate use of specialists and clear client communications
• Identifies tax accounting technical issues under IFRS/US GAAP
• Interprets variations of tax accounting positions which may be taken in relation to transactions and local accounting specialists
• Provides leadership of process, resource management, review and sign off of provisions from a tax perspective and takes lead role in the sale and delivery of global engagements
• Works as primary liaison between the client and tax authorities and works with specialty service lines to resolve complex tax disputes
• 5 to 7 years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years focused on international, regional and national taxation. Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
• In-depth, first-hand experience of a wide range of industries
• Extensive consulting and compliance experience.
• Experience with inbound and outbound international tax is preferred.
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills.
• In-depth knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations.
• Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
Company: Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Company Location: Saudi Arabia-Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
About Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.