Business Support Assistant (G4) South Area Office-Damascus Job in Damascus, Syria at World Food Program – Other locations
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 27 September 2021.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In 2020, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to fight hunger globally, including its work during the coronavirus pandemic.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Contract Type: Fixed Contract – G4
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Damascus
Number of required employees: 1
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Company: World Food Program – Other locations
Company Location: Damascus, Syria
Job Category: Non-profit Organization