Business Analyst Job in Virginia, USA at Avertra
Fulfill business needs and product vision through defining, analyzing and documenting, managing and maintaining requirements at project and product development level.
- Establishing project requirements: Collect, clarify and translate specific business requirements into documentation and conceptual designs from which technology applications and solutions can be developed.
- Representing the business need for new and modified products: Provide business input throughout a project, from initial stages to the implementation of the solution.
- Work with the development team in an advisory capacity to produce new systems.
- Refine Process Area and Feature level information through Backlog Grooming
- Develop the Detailed User Stories in the context of Platform Use Cases (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Develop Acceptance Criteria for User Stories
- Develop and Refine Use Cases and Develop L1 an L2 BMPN 2.0 Processes
- Identify Module Security Controls to control functionality separations in Features modules – Primarily Responsible for the success of each User Story development and front line between Product Owners and Development Team
- Work with the testing team to develop relevant test scenarios and testing plans.
- Facilitate implementation or roll-out of new functionality (e.g. assist with the design, development and sometimes delivery of training for end users).
- Plan and develop strategies to convert data from the current system to the new structure, if required.
- Perform continuous reviews of a process and templates to align processes with changing business conditions and new products and service offerings.
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and techniques
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Specific knowledge of systems design methodology, analysis frameworks (i.e. Business Analysis Body of Knowledge – BABOK) and business process reengineering and modelling techniques
- Familiarity with project management tools, process documentation tools, software testing and user acceptance testing techniques
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science, industrial engineering or any related field
- 3+ years in the IT Business analysis field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Highly detail-oriented by nature
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks or projects
- Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Job Location
- Virginia, United States
- Company Industry
- IT Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $8,000 – $9,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Residence Location
- United States
- United States
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company Location: Virginia, USA
Job Category: IT Services