Budget and Reconciliation Manager Job at Black Pearl
Our client, a well-known investment institution in the UAE, is currently looking for a Budget and Reconciliation Manager to be based in the UAE. For this role, the person will have the following responsibilities:
• Design effective budget models for departments and the entire company
• Analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures, and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
• Present annual budgets to senior managers
• Review budget requests for approval
• Forecast future budget needs
• Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
• Suggest spending improvements that increase profits
• Review the company’s budget for compliance with legal regulations
• Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines
• Design and implement effective budgeting policies and procedures
• Manage reconciliations team to ensure bank reconciliations are conducted in an efficient, timely manner to a high standard.
• Act as a review for outstanding items appearing on the reconciliation’s which are settlement of our international payments to our agents and settlement of our foreign exchange trades.
• Input in development of underlying processes, reports and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement in efficiency and quality of reconciliations processes.
• Manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries.
• Act as representative of reconciliation team for projects and change processes impacting banking and reconciliation processes.
• Development of the Bank cash reporting functionality & management.
• Development of ongoing training for all members of the reconciliation team to ensure suitable skill set and ongoing personal development.
• Provide local point of contact for banking related queries.
• Suggest improvement in system and process based on observation made do cause analysis.
• Ensure proper back up records of Reconciliation statement.
• Assistance with finance and investment projects & assignments as required.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• BSc/MSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field, preferably with CMA, CAA, CPA qualification
• Proven work experience as a Budget Management experience
• Have worked with large, well known financial / banking / investment institution
• Strong fluency in English and knowledge in Arabic is a plus
• Open to different nationality however strong preference is given to UAE national
• Hands-on experience with accounting software and statistical packages
• Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts)
• Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis
• Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations
• Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
To know more about other vacancies we have, please visit our website – www.blackpearlconsult.com
Company: Black Pearl
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
About Black Pearl
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider
that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.