Bookkeeper Job at EduReach Education
The Bookkeeper will administer and report timely and accurate financial information to the Head of Finance and provide a variety of bookkeeping and accounting functions including invoicing clients and payroll for staff.
• Preparing timely and accurate monthly, termly and annual financial management reports for the Head of Finance.
• Making sure that account balances are up to date.
• Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
• Checking and verifying source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts.
• Allocating and posting financial transaction details to subsidiary books.
• Transferring data to general ledger.
• Reconciling and balancing all accounts.
• Drawing up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet, monthly management accounts).
• Collating and analysing account data and generate financial reports.
• Collecting information for and preparing payroll payments for employees.
• Maintaining internal control systems.
• Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Processing payments on behalf of the company.
• Preparing and processing payroll with support from external accountants.
• Complying with relevant reporting requirements and financial laws and regulations.
• Assisting with budget preparation.
• Assisting with audits.
• Reviewing and auditing financial statements and reports; ensuring all calculations and data entries are correct.
• Maintaining complete filing system to support all financial records.
• Reporting any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities.
• Suggesting changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required (E = Essential, D = Desirable)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field (E)
• ACCA or CIMA accountancy qualification (D)
• 5+ years experience in finance (E)
• Experience of working in a school or education setting (D)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent mathematical and IT skills (E)
• Experience of using financial software packages such as SAGE, QuickBooks, PASS (E)
• The ability to form strong relationships with all colleagues (E)
• The ability to meet tight deadlines (E)
• Integrity and honesty (E)
• Understanding of data privacy standards (D)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (E)
• Real attention to detail (E)
• Organisational, planning, problem-solving, research, analytical, critical thinking and multi-tasking skills (E)
• A willingness to go the extra mile (E)
• Be highly organised, determined, hardworking and pro-active.
• Understand the flexibility required to help a young company grow successfully.
• Build strong working relationships through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Meet deadlines and work efficiently under pressure.
• Use excellent spoken and written English in all communications.
• Have excellent time management skills.
Company: EduReach Education
Company Location: Muscat, Oman
About EduReach Education
EduReach is a leading international school owner and operator with a portfolio across seven countries and three continents.