Bakery & Deli Category Manager Job in Doha, Qatar at Qatar National Import & Export
Responsible for the profitability and development by leading and Managing the Bakery category to achieve targeted budget Sales/GP/Value & Contribution and ensure that the Bakery is a leading destination department within the market.
– Negotiate with supplier to achieve category GP through BDA or below the line income
– Maintain category margin and contribution value.
– Negotiate with suppliers promo plan and activities for category profits and extra income
– Looking for new Supplier to get customer benefit & additional income.
– Manage the Range and costings
Manage optimum production according to customer demands.
– Select competitive range according customer demand &range strategy.
– Prepare and implement planogram to maximize sales, GP, and space utilization.
– Maintain high quality and freshness of stock.
– Ensure highest standard packaging and presentation
– Ensure deliciousness in baked items to attract customers.
– Support operation team for production plan.
– Tasting plan to maximize the sales
– Ensure that operation team used right and standard recipe for manufactured products.
– Involve in New store opening plan to implementation and manage category planogram
– Implement promotion strategy according to customer profile demand and category demand
– implementthe strategy of pricing to ensure that the prices are competitive and profits are maximized
– Maintain availability of products.
– Identify the new trend in dept.
– Analyze the sales of category and action plan to improve it
– Analyze range accordingly to customer needs and seasonality and action on time.
– Action plan on short expiry items
– Action plan on low quality stock.
– Daily promotion plan strategy
– Ensure all products are high quality and fresh to minimize the wastage.
– Analyze the Wastage and Shrinkage to minimize it
– Maintain optimum stock.
– Daily production to maintain the freshness of products and improve the inventory turns and GP.
– Action plan for over stock & slow moving Items
– Involve in preparing annual budget for Sales/Purchase/Inventory/GM/BM..
– Analyzing actual result to budget and prepare action plan to achieve variance target.
– Monthly and Quarterly review of performance against Budgets through proper analysis with action plans and follow up
– Developing and maintaining successful relations with vendors to get the best services.
– Evaluate supplier performance.
– Negotiate with supplier long & short terms agreement
– Periodical meeting to evaluate previous performance and to prepare plan for coming period and solving any problems
– Responsible about all business process related to category department (Order process, BDA process, promotion process, …..etc)
– Implement &Monitoring work flow and road map of process
– Responsible to benchmark current process and systems with industry best practices.
– Analyze and document business processes and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies.
– Time Management.
– Stores visit :
– Identify visit prospects.
– Checking :
– Implementation of planogram.
– Availability of items.
– Quality of products.
– Hygiene of section
– Over stock and action.
– Discussion with store manager the ways to maximize Sales, GP for category
– Ensure compliance of all food processing laws and regulations.
– Identify issues to solve.
– Competitor visit :
– Frequently competitor store visit to observe new trend, pricing & promotion.
– Observe supplier’s investment
– Develop valued team, who can take responsibilities and finish the task.
– Build effective relation with members in order to become team player.
– Develop their skills
– Identify the weaknesses of staff member for training and development.
– Motivating subordinates for the heist performance.
– Leading a team work discussions and meetings for the best team performance.
– Following the team tasks to achieve company target.
Company: Qatar National Import & Export
Company Location: Doha, Qatar
Job Category: Retail & Wholesale