Back House Manager Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Marriott Hotels
Title: Back House Manager
Company: Marriott Hotels
Location: Dubai – UAE
Category: Management, Restaurant/Food Service
Position: Back Of The House Manager
Posting DateFeb 22, 2021
Job CategoryFood and Beverage & Culinary
LocationLe Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Airport Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
• Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
• Controls inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
• Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
• Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
• Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver (e.g., adequate clean supplies of each).
• Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
• Enforces proper cleaning routines for serviceware, equipment, floors, etc.
• Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
• Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Leading Kitchen Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.