AWACS RADAR SYSTEM ENGINEER Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at Parsons International Limited
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related field) and typically 10+ years of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required. Professional registration may also be required.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Radar Technology.
- Specialized training and certification in each area of expertise with Radars in general is a requirement.
- Must be qualified and specialized in the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS) Radar system, a mobile, long-range radar surveillance and control centre for air defense, as developed by the U.S. Air Force in the 707 aircraft.
- Ten (10) years experience on a wide variety of surveillance Radars including in the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS)
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and experience with Long Range Radar operation & maintenance. Experience should include installation, testing, integration, upgrades and modifications to Radars.
- Technical knowledge of Antennas, Processors, computers, monitoring, data transmission, plot extractors, power systems and other sub systems associated with in the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS).
- Specific experience with interfacing radars in an air defense network.
- IFF system experience required
- AWACS Mission computer system experience required
- Knowledge of RSAF technical Terminologies, Tasks, and Responsisbility is desired
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales is desired
KEY RELATIONSHIPS:Supervision Received – Project Manager; Higher-level Project EngineersSupervision Given – Engineering/technical personnel assigned to the projectInternal Contacts – All employees on project; all engineering disciplinesExternal Contacts – Suppliers; ClientsSKILLS/COMPETENCIES:Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Radar Technology
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy