AVP Job in Pune, India at Citi bank
The Applications Development Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage a team of Applications Development professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, training and development, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as act as an advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts
- Oversee process for technical issue escalation and prioritize technical issue resolution
- Leverage skills across Applications Development area to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Communicate internal and external departmental interdependence as well as cross product and cross project
- Resolve issues using in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within applications development
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business processes, system processes, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Contribute to planning, budget management, formulation of procedures, and resource planning negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Ability to take ownership and make technical decisions on software development projects
- Experience with dependency management, change management, continuous integration testing tools, and audit/compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering and object-oriented design
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
- Job Location
- Pune, India
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Citi bank
Company Location: Pune, India