AVP – RWA Business Controls and Transaction Testing Job in India at Citi bank
The Capital Planning Review Group (“CPRG”) within Finance CRO is responsible for the independent review and challenge of Citigroup’s capital planning continuum, including actual and forecasted Risk Weighted Assets (“RWA”).
CPRG has created a new RWA Office to establish comprehensive, end-to-end oversight of the RWA actuals production process by the second line of defense. This is an essential function to achieve and maintain the requisite level of accuracy and reliability throughout the end-to-end RWA production process led by Capital Planning in Citigroup Treasury.
Within the RWA Office, the RWA Review Team has been established to expand and complete the scope of the second line of defense oversight of the RWA production process.
The AVP RWA Business Controls and Transaction Testing will support second line of defense oversight of RWA actuals production process consistent with Citi’s ongoing transformation efforts.
This is a role that will provide exposure to senior management in RWA Review Team.
The AVP RWA Business Controls and Transaction Testing will be responsible for:
- Performing controls and transaction testing reviews within the RWA Review Team
- Following an “audit-style” approach for execution of controls and transaction testing and verification to ensure the accuracy and reliability of reported RWA actuals, and the adequacy of compensating measures
- Communicating proactively testing progress and exceptions with RWA Review Team management
- Supporting the implementation of changes necessary to enhance the second line of defense oversight of Citi’s RWA production process in connection with Citi’s ongoing transformation efforts and to satisfy evolving regulatory developments, including Basel IV initiatives
- Developing a strong working relationship with the Capital Planning process owners, including the CPQA team and the Spot RWA Production team, the CIAT team (Regulatory Capital Analysis and Interpretation Team) in the RWA Office, and the COBRA (Confirmation of Basel Review and Analysis) Team within Global Risk Review to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the oversight of the RWA actuals production process.
- Strong communication skills, including well-developed verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review and comprehend large sets of data
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Previous experience in Basel Regulatory Capital Controllers, Regulatory Capital Reporting (e.g., FFIEC 101, FR Y-9C etc.) or Basel Regulator Capital Audit functions is preferred. Understanding of Basel RWA regulations is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the financial services industry or experience in a comparable role
- Strong audit instincts and ability to apply independent judgment to business practices, with a proven ability and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- A self-starter with ability to independently manage work and drive multiple deliverables concurrently.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- A MBA, CA or CFA is preferred.
Job Family Group:
Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Company: Citi bank
Company Location: India