Assistant or Associate Professor in Genetics Jobs in Doha at Qatar University
Title: Assistant or Associate Professor in Genetics
Company: Qatar University
1.Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses, on full time basis, in the area of expertise such as, but not limited to Genetics, General Biology, Human Biology, Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, and Special Topic courses in the candidate’s area of expertise.
2.Supervise graduate thesis research (M.Sc. and PhD) in the area of expertise.
3.Write research proposals and initiate high quality research in the area of expertise.
4.Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University levels.
5.Contribute to the research profile of the department and College through research publications.
6.Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
1. Doctorate (PhD) degree in the area of Genetics / Molecular Genetics with preferred expertise in an animal model system from a recognized university. For candidates with master and PhD degrees, it is preferable that both degrees are in one of the areas of expertise listed above.
Computation biology (Computational Research) in specific C modelling, simulation related degree and research is preferred.
2. A record of distinguished scholarship (peer reviewed publication record), grant-funded research, and graduate student mentorship in the last 5 years.
3. A good track record of research experience in genetics of animal models and molecular aspects of genetic traits. Good teaching experience and supervision at the graduate level is highly desirable.
4. A minimum teaching experience of 5 years (full time basis) at the university level, graduate teaching is preferred.
5. Familiar with Educational technologies used in the higher education sector.
6. Willingness to work with teams.
7. Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Cover letter.
2.Current Curriculum Vitae reflecting the following information:
Years of experience after PhD
Google scholar link
Number of publications published in Q1 journals during the last 5 years
Number of publications published in Q2 journals during the last 5 years
Number of publications published in Q3 journals during the last 5 years
Number of publications published in Q4 journals during the last 5 years
Number of publications published in Non-indexed Journals
Number of Published Books
Number of Published Chapter of Books
Number of Graduate Students supervised and the role
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application.
A three-year renewable contract.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.