Assistant Front Office Manager Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Marriott
Title: Assistant Front Office Manager
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Administrative/Clerical, Hotel
** Job Number*
* ** Job Category
** Rooms & Guest Services Operations
* * Courtyard Dubai Green Community, Green Community, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
* * Courtyard by Marriott
* * Full-Time
* * Position Type
* * Located Remotely?
** NWith more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you’ll ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at Courtyard by Marriott.
** JOB SUMMARY
** Entry level management position that is responsible for leading and assisting with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
** CANDIDATE PROFILE
**** Education and Experience*
* • High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
** CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
**** Supporting Management of Front Desk Team*
* • Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supports all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
• Guides daily Front Desk shift operations.
• Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
** Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals*
* • Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Trains staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
** Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service*
* • Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting indi…