Assistant Deputy COO Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at Forefront Middle East
Our client is one of the biggest and well-known fitness centers based in Saudi Arabia. The company is looking for Assistant Deputy COO to manage all the activities related to the operations within the network of fitness centers across KSA, and as such has responsibility of driving the operational, technical and financial performances including setting the KPIs and targets, ensuring providing the desired level of service and customer experience, while achieving the preset KPIs and targets. Key areas of oversight include fitness, nutrition, group exercise, personal training, maintenance, housekeeping, membership sales and retention, and general management.
- Developing the work plans and assigning related activities to serve the achievement of the Department/ Division’s objectives.
- Supervising the implementation of the business plans, monitoring workflow, and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that work activities are carried out according to the pre-set performance objectives and suggesting any necessary actions to the Department’s Head.
- Participating in setting the Department’s budget, in addition to monitoring and controlling expenditures in coordination with the Finance Division.
Technical and Executive Duties
- Manage operational activities and implement new operating modules where appropriate to increase efficiency, employee productivity, and profitability. Motivate, mentor, and provide overall guidance and support to the regional operations, maintenance, and fitness teams.
- Track the performance of all clubs in terms of profitability and sustainability, identify performance gaps, devise turnaround plans, and implement solutions for underperforming clubs.
- Manage the implementation of quality standards, performance regulations, and internal control systems, by ensuring employee and functional accountability to all processes. Drive the implementation of appropriate manuals, guidelines, etc. and ensure adherence thereto, including adherence to staff uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Maintain ownership of the clubs operating manuals and work with the Regional Directors and to ensure all staff within the company’s network are appropriately trained.
- Provide overall management of the maintenance activities within each facility, including both reactive and proactive maintenance of fitness equipment, general facilities and fixtures, etc.
- Maintain the Centers’ Equipment Plan, which outlines the operational guidelines for key equipment by season (i.e. operating hours for A/C equipment by season, operating hours for water boilers by season, etc.) and ensure the operations team is implementing the plan, thus ensuring proper cost control, maximising equipment lifespan, etc. Oversee the delivery of fitness programs through the Fitness team, including general fitness, group exercise, and personal training.
- Drive the deployment and delivery of new product and/or service offerings throughout the network (i.e., Fitness programs, Retail business and partnerships); ensure effective implementation and evaluate revenues generated.
- Develop and implement new operating modules to increase profit growth, secure market leadership, consistency of services across company network, compliance with all health and safety standards, awareness for health and fitness industry trends and understanding of the competitive landscape and key developments, movements, etc.
- Analyzing the financial reports, including major expenses and income streams, and taking actions accordingly to ensure that profitability is maximized across the clubs
- Performing any other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Conducting periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Preparing periodic reports with respect to the Section’s activities and achievements.
- Ensuring that instructions, circulars and organizational and operational decisions are followed and applied.
- Appraising direct reports’ performance according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Recommending training needs of subordinates and evaluating the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned Department.
- Following-up on employee’s administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves, etc.
- Provide all required information and reports as required by management.
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Recruitment & Employee Placement Agency
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: Forefront Middle East
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Recruitment & Employee Placement Agency