Assistant Chief Steward Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Accor
Title: Assistant Chief Steward
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Hospitality/Catering, Hotel
POSITION DESCRIPTION Position :
Asst. Chief Steward Department : F&B Culinary Reports to :
Stewarding Manager Positions Supervised :
Stewarding Supervisor & Stewards JOB SCOPE ⦁ Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Steward/Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef and within the limit of established policies and procedures, responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the stewarding operation. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES 1. To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times 2.
Supervise the function of all stewarding department colleagues 3. Initiate and schedule preventive maintenance work and coordinates process with Engineering. 4. Ensure that all kitchen areas are cleaned and maintained up to the required sanitation and hygiene standard. 5. Checks the buffet set-up and mise en place and ensures everything are in order. 6. Initiate the weekly supplies requisitions of the department.
7. Check the supply of all outlets and production areas with clean and correct mise en place ahead of each service periods. 8. Minimize cost through breakage control, loss prevention and economical supplies and chemical use. 9. Prepare purchase request in the absence of the Chief Steward. 10. Ensure that dishwashing machines, pot washing area and kitchen areas are clean and maintained in accordance with the Sanitation and Hygiene standards.
11. Ensure the safe and correct use of stewarding equipment, such as dishwashing and pot washing machines, glass washing machines, silver burnishing machine, and other stewarding equipment and machinery. 12. Ensure the cleanliness of all operating equipment. 13. Be aware of and implement responsibilities under the Dubai Food and Hygiene Regulations. 14. Ensure all filters, hoods and kitchen floors are cleaned to the required standards at regular intervals.
15. Assist the Chief Steward in the preparation of annual budget. 16. Maintain the established par stock of operating equipment. 17. Assist the Chief Steward in the all inventory processes. 18. Prepare accident reports in accordance with the prescribed standards. 19. Assist the Chief Steward with Training Requirement of the department. 20. Enter accurate reports in the communication log book on daily basis.
21. Consistently provide and maintain the highest standard of guest care and service, both internal and external customers. 22. Ensure that high standard of personal hygiene and grooming is strictly observed by all staff members, from administrative to rank and file level. 23. Ensure that prescribed uniform are worn well pressed and in good state of repair, and ensure that name badges are worn at all times.
24. Assist the Chief Steward in maintaining and updating the departmental Standard operations manual. 25. Ensure that all member of the department demonstrate the required standard of service. 26. Assist the Chief Steward in regularly monitoring staff performance in accordance with the prescribed standard. 27. Have a good knowledge of all Hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
28. Handle any guest complaints or problems promptly and unresolved incidents properly reported to Chief Steward. 29. Ensure that company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations, and policies are adhered to at all times. 30. Act on your responsibilities for health and safety at work. 31. Demonstrate a working knowledge of fire pr…