Assistant Auditor Jobs in Abu Dhabi – UAE at ADNOC HQ
Title: Assistant Auditor
Company: ADNOC HQ
Location: Abu Dhabi – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Accounting, Finance
Assist in execution of assigned areas of Internal Audit Plan for ADNOC and assigned Group in order to ensure that internal control system for integrity and reliability of financial and operational areas are implemented and working efficiently and effectively. Participate in the periodic Risk Assessments and development of the Function’s Risk-Based Work Plans. Provide support to the audit team in performing their roles and responsibilities including administrative activities related to audit work.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Internal Audit Plan
• Assist in the preparation of the periodic Risk Assessments and the development of the Function’s Risk
– Based Work Plans.
• Assist the senior auditors in the examination and analysis of records through executing audit program steps for the assigned audits.
• Determine business objectives, main functions, and the nature of activities, potential risks and controls to be reviewed.
• Provide input for the preparation of the detailed audit program / Risk & Control Matrix (RCM) for the assigned audit including the objectives, potential risk, key controls, audit procedures and the use of audit techniques and tools to evaluate governance, risks and controls processes, and submits audit program to for review and approval.
• Document all required working papers and other relevant information and update in the automated Audit Management System in accordance with pre-defined templates and audit procedures.
• Assist in the audit in accordance with the approved audit program and ensures that audit objectives have been met to support the audit conclusions/results.
• Identify, obtain, analyze and appraise related systems and evidentiary data/information.
• Prepare and / or assist auditors in preparing working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit and the results of the audit examination.
• Participate in physical verification of assets, cash and inventory count exercises during the scheduled / surprise audit visits.
• Maintains follow-up register for all audit issues reported.
• Prepare and / or assist in the preparation of formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
• Recommend practical improvements options corresponding to the observations with an objective to contribute to the improvement of governance, risks and control processes to assist in the achievement of the company business objectives.
• Follow-up on replies to issued draft and final audit reports.
• Provide assistance in the training coordination and ongoing audit assignments as required.
• Assist in preparation of presentations and reports as and when required. Coordination
• Liaise with ADNOC management to obtain information required to perform and facilitate assigned audits.
• Carry out basic support work including compilation of data for tracing and follow-up of audit issues and implementation action plans.
• Participates in the development and implementation of the automated Audit Management System.
• Maintain the follow-up tracker for the audit reports issued by the Function including liaising with Follow-up focal points in ADNOC Directorates/Functions.
• Review the supporting information submitted by Focal Points and obtain Senior Auditor / Manager feedback to update the records.
• Prepare follow-up reports for Audit and…