Apps Support Senior Manager Job in Pune, India at Citi bank
The Apps Support Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Manages one or more apps support teams.
- Provides technical oversight across systems and applications; leverage skills across multiple apps support areas.
- Provide a holistic view of the production environment for both technology and business management, working closely as a trusted partner for senior business heads.
- Provide guidance on feedback reviews with development managers, ensuring outstanding issues are tracked to closure, particularly long-term strategic fixes.
- Performs controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation to relevant groups when appropriate, root cause analysis of all problems with follow-through to resolution.
- Consults with the primary clients of the application in conjunction with development managers in order to understand the strategic objectives of users.
- Requires awareness of audit and compliance related issues.
- Contributes to formulation of strategies for apps support and other functional areas.
- Champion stability initiatives to enable application high availability for Business-As-Usual which includes better monitoring, failover and resiliency
- Ability to handle incidents, problems and change at a global enterprise level. Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems.
- Responsible for delivery of end results and shares responsibility for budget management which directly impacts the apps support area; accountable for resource planning.
- Manages customer satisfaction requirements of operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis.
- Focus on people development, evaluating subordinates’ performance and making decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions and deputize for the regional support manager.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in an Apps Support role would be an added advantage, but not essential
- Experience with people management
- Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulate, and highly assertive communication. Must show confidence in all communications
- Experience with application support would be an added advantage, but not essential
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
- Job Location
- Pune, India
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Citi bank
Company Location: Pune, India