Administration Associate G6 – Turbah Job in Yemen at World Food Program – Other locations
This job is found in WFP Yemen Country Office, Turbah and the incumbent will be reporting to The Head of Unit or The Administration Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring, and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Responsible for providing services related to facilities management, travel, protocol, and light-duty vehicles, etc.
- Assert resource requirements within the field office coverage (WFP facilities, assets, light-duty fleet, etc.) and help identify new requirements to facilitate efficient and cost-effective operations and services.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administrative services in the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of staff working in the area, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in incompliance with all relevant regulations, policies, procedures, and performance plans.
- Identify problems in administrative areas and suggest alternative solutions to resolve issues.
- Serve as the Accommodation Service focal point for Turbah HUB managed by WFP, provide guidance, and ensure that all relevant standards, policies, and procedures are duly implemented.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
- Supervise and manage the performance of external suppliers to ensure quality and reliable services to visitors.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative and financial services to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Report any deviations to the supervisor to ensure consistent and timely provision of services and to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
- Prepare monthly field office’s operational advance and facilitate all missions including monitoring to the WFP programmes in the field.
- Others as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day-to-day work.
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Program – Other locations
Company Location: Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization