Admin Assistant (Maintenance & Constructions) SC5 – Aden Job in Aden, Yemen at World Food Programme
This job is found in WFP Yemen, Aden. The Job holder reports to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Recommend on the required improvement and enhancement measures to WFP premises for the operational purpose, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment.
- 2. Participate in technical or design review of the engineering solutions for WFP Premises enhancement & renovation; and to facilitate the implementation.
- 3. Participate the maintenance of all office and work environments in the WFP buildings and premises.
- 4. Preparing suggestions and bills of quantities for maintenance projects in WFP.
- 5. Participate the premises maintenance for all WFP offices ensuring a safe and reliable working environment according to the WFP premises.
- 6. Technical analysis of the prices of financial offers submitted by contractors.
- 7. Coordinate and monitor the performance of the external contractors on the civil work implementation or electrical installation to WFP premises; and propose changes when and where necessary.
- 8. Identify problems in new constructions areas and suggest alternative solutions to resolve issues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – part 2
9. Prepare all required reports and information for the unit under areas of responsibility.
10. Draft correspondence to respond to inquiries to relevant matters.
11. Maintain a proper filing and database included the expenses under areas of responsibility.
12. Alternate work with other administration staff as required by the
13. Preparing designs and bills of quantities for new projects WFP.
14. Supervise the UN projects under the responsibility of the WFP.
15. Evaluating the contractors after completing the projects in WFP.
16. Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English AND Arabic languages.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process
- Job Location
- Aden, Yemen
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Aden, Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization