Accounts Receivable Assistant Jobs in UAE at Heriot-Watt University
Title: Accounts Receivable Assistant
Company: Heriot-Watt University
Type: Full Time
Category: Finance, Banking
Purpose of Role This role will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts. Summary of Key
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing the routine admin relationship with the bank.
• Issues with PDC’s (wrong dates, amounts, signatures, insufficient funds..)
• Requesting return of PDC’s held within the cheque warehousing facility of the bank.
• Updating and requesting approval of any changes to bank mandates etc.
• Any other bank related administration.
• Analysing and posting bank transactions in the accounting system.
• Reporting on daily balances.
• Reconciling bank statements.
• Liaising with the UK based Treasury Team as and when necessary on any of the above-related matters. Cash management:
At peak times, assist the cashiers with their duties:
• Receiving student payments, issuing receipts and invoices, updating student financial records.
• End of day cash management processes.
• Prepare banking deposits. Credit control:
Assist Credit Controller by:
• Reviewing / reconciling student financial records and preparing student debtor reports.
• Correct / apply adjustments to student financial records where necessary. On the instruction of the Credit Controller place student accounts ‘on hold (financial)’ and ‘off hold (financial) on the student registry system (Banner).
• Monitoring receipts from external organisations vs sales ledger information and prepare customer debtor reports.
• Provide reports to the credit controller and any other necessary paperwork/data gathering to support the debt management process. Invoicing:
• Create and Issue all external sales invoices as and when advised
• Minimum of two years experience as a Cashier or Assistant Accountant, preferably within a school/higher education environment.
• Excellent English language skills including reading, writing, speaking and listening.
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, databases, and different software.
• Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
• Experience in using an on-line banking platform to run inquiries and review transactions At Heriot-Watt we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment.
The appointment is conditional upon successful completion of all Labour and Immigration formalities, and the start date will need to be delayed if the employment visa is not in place.