Accountant Job in Dubai, UAE at Confidential Company
An accountant is part of the accounting department and reports to the Accounting Manager/Controller.
Performs complex and confidential bookkeeping/accounting clerical jobs as part of the full accounting cycle. Maintains diverse and detailed financial records and provides a variety of responsible clerical assistance in an assigned function such as accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable/collections, intercompany transactions, projects allocation cost/revenue, bank reconciliation, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a general ledger according to an approved chart of accounts by posting entries, making adjusting entries, performing the daily computer entry functions associated with those ledgers, and preparing financial statements from those ledgers.
- Enter supplier accounts, purchase invoices, coding including projects allocation. Working with supplier statements and paying them in a timely manner by issuing checks or electronic payments. Manage and enter credit cards and petty cash. Filing physical/e-filing.
- Enter client accounts, process monthly billing, and follow the collections in a timely manner. Verifying the information of time cards and expense reports for billing purposes based on the project’s contracts.
- Process month-end journal entries such as prepayments, accruals, intercompany, etc. entering monthly exchange rates in the system. Bank and general ledgers reconciliations.
- Preparing sales tax reporting documentation and backup based on the filing period established by the government.
- Assisting controller with the month and year-end financial reporting and back up as per need.
- Assisting project managers with different reports related to projects and admin accounts as per their needs.
Advantages and Improvements
- Improve the entering of the payable and receivables data in time and without errors in the system.
- Improve to reach the deadlines of paying taxes and closing month-end, year-end and keep accounting records.
- Speeding up the process of invoicing.
- Monitoring Accounts Receivable by following closely with the clients and keep the cash flow in good status.
- Taking care of credit cards and petty cash (before done by the office manager).
- Will help accounting manager in reconciliation and reports for month-end and year-end and other tasks.
- Will reduce overload work for the manager and the payroll technician
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Project & Construction Planning; Management Consulting
- Company Type
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2 Max: 10
- High school or equivalent
Company: Confidential Company
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: Project & Construction Planning; Management Consulting